I was on pins and needles all afternoon on Friday just waiting for the call to tell us that we’d be cancelled. The call never came and we’re still in the game!

Since I messed up my lupron they decided to stop the lupron altogether and use Cetrotide instead. What I didn’t know was that I would need to be monitored more closely because of that since they don’t want to start the Cetrotide until the largest follicle is 14mm. So we eneded up coming down to Iowa this morning instead of tomorrow like we had planned. The u/s this morning showed good progress with four follicles on the left and five on the right, all around 11mm to 12mm. There appeared to be other follicles as well, but those weren’t measured. I go back in tomorrow morning for more monitoring and will likely start my Cetrotide tomorrow night. I’m guessing that since the follicles are so small still that we probably won’t have retrieval until Friday, but I guess anything could happen.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words over the past couple of days. They really helped me to get through all of the crap that’s been going on.

I will update more tomorrow.

Advertisements